Sunday 29 January 2012

Unpacking, unpacking........

Well, been a bit quiet here the past week. Australia Day we spent basically at home but ended the day with marinated 'roo" steaks. Can't get more Australian than that. Our freezer has an assortment of roo steaks/fillets and mince from a past shooting weekend. So, I have the chance to adapt many of my recipes. Last night I made a "spag bol" with the roo mince and it was very tasty indeed.

Bruno has been on call for the past 10 days so that limits us as he has to be within a half hour radius of the station. Anyway, our container arrived on Friday so the past 3 days have been spent unpacking. Huge days starting after breakfast and going all day till the light disappeared which here means 9pm. Bruno and I would stumble into bed exhausted, aching and throbbing feet and well and truly over it. I have come to the conclusion it is a more pleasant experience packing up your belongings. Unpacking brings frustration as to where are we going to put all this stuff. (and a lot of it is "STUFF)  It also brings sadness as I came to realise that the move is a permanent one and I wonder if we have done the right thing. Yesterday we set up our bedroom with our queen bed, bedding and it was somewhat eerie. The room faces the same as our old bedroom, window in the same spot and photos on the same walls. It was very surreal to the pair of us as we fell asleep feeling slightly deflated.

Over the weekend, the weather was very hot. It was awful, Sunday reached 30 degrees it was so hot and the house doesn't have aircon or fans. So, after tea Rosie and I headed down to the beach and I knew I should have taken my togs. Rosie swam and swam and I sat down on the waters edge letting the cooling waters soothe my tired feet. It was bliss. A nice end to a draining emotionally and physically weekend.

Rosie cooling off.

2 comments:

  1. Unpacking is not my favourite activity, either. I won't mention the boxes that are still unpacked from our last move...

    Big hugs from me to you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy,

    Still trying to come to grips with this blog thingy, you know me, technology and me just don't get on at times!

    Thinking of you often, Tracey...

    ReplyDelete